Sunday, April 19, 2009

Earth Day Activities


Of course, as an EcoBroker, I have to say something about Earth Day. There are tons of activities all week long all over SoCal to celebrate Mother Earth. So, I am sure if you search "earth day and your city" you can find some fun/helpful/interesting things to do. In light of this, I thought I would share one of my profound experiences with the Earth to commemorate this great week! Forgive me for sharing some of my spiritual life on a "business" blog, but I feel that when you are talking about the Great Mother Earth, you cannot separate the physical from the spiritual aspects of what makes this planet so perfectly designed and run. I promise not to be preachy.

While walking through a rain forest in Costa Rica at the Manuel Antonio State Park, I was giving great praise and gratitude to God for creating this for us, and I heard: "This planet, my creation, is my ongoing prayer to humans." I had never thought of it that way. I pray all the time to God, but never thought of Father/Mother God praying back to us! That is what the planet is, God's prayer to us.
Happy Earth Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment